Discount Power: Enrollment 101
Written By: Warm Thoughts Communications on November 9, 2020
Discount Power: Enrollment 101
How many times have you said to yourself, “There’s got to be a better way to do this”?
That’s exactly what we were thinking when we got started here at Discount Power. And guess what? We found a better way to get electricity and gas delivered to your home! In this case, “better” means more options, better prices and even less environmental impact.
The bottom line is that we’ve done all the “make it better” legwork…all that’s left is that you switch to Discount Power to start taking advantage of what we’ve learned. How do you do that? Here’s a guide.
How To Change Energy Companies Q&A
- What do I need to do to make Discount Power my energy supplier?
Switching to Discount Power is easy! All you need to do is take the following steps:
- Have your most recent utility bill on hand.
- Enter your ZIP code and review which of our pricing plans are available in your area.
- Choose the plan that best fits your needs and fill out the simple online form.
- How can I get a quote for my electric or natural gas energy?
It’s safe and easy get a price quote for a plan in your area! Click here to get started. You can also call 877-259-7693 to find a plan that fits your home or business.
- How will my current energy service change?
When you switch to Discount Power, there will be NO change to your current service, and zero service interruptions. You will continue to receive your bill from your current utility as you normally would—only now, our name will appear on the bill as your supplier.
- As a renter, do I need permission from my landlord to enroll with Discount Power?
If you currently get your own electric utility bill in your name every month, you can switch to Discount Power without your landlord’s approval. If you live in an apartment building or condo where the electricity or natural gas use is rolled into a single bill and paid for by the landlord or condo association, you would then need to convince your landlord to make the switch.
- Does anyone need to come out to my home to check my meter?
No! You can make the switch online, starting here.
- Do I need any new or special equipment?
No new equipment is needed. If you get your electricity or natural gas from your local utility, you already have everything you need.
- How long does the enrollment process take?
Just minutes! All you’ll need is the account information from your most recent utility bill to get started.
- Once I enroll, how long does it take for things to switch over?
Your utility will usually switch your supplier to us by your next meter read date (once you sign up with us). This is typically 15 to 40 days after you enroll with us, depending on where you live.
- If I switch to Discount Power, can I switch back to another supplier or my utility again?
If for any reason you are not happy with your choice of supplier of natural gas and electricity, you can switch to another supplier, or back to your utility upon written or verbal notification. However, be aware that some of our products have early termination fees. Please check the Terms & Conditions section of your service agreement for details.
Learn more about Discount Power from our online Learning Center! Get details about Pricing & Plans, Green Energy Initiatives, Supply & Delivery options and more—or just call us at 877-259-7693! We’ll be happy to help.